Originally posted 2021-09-03 16:34:17.
As the largest and most diverse country in the world, the United States of America has a diverse culture and history. Almost everyone dreams of visiting this beautiful country at least once in their life. This beautiful country is full of wonderful sights and sounds. The pristine beaches in Miami and Hawaii, the imposing skyscrapers in New York and Chicago, the natural wonders such as the Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls, the breathtaking national parks like Yosemite and Yellowstone, all of these places are filled with excellent surprises at every turn. For those who are considering applying for an US visa from Dubai, I have compiled an easy to follow guide on what you need to know in order to submit your application.
Table of Contents
USA Visa Types
The short-term USA visa types are:
Who Can Apply for a US visa?
There is a Visa Waiver Program that enables passport holders or citizens of the below-mentioned countries to visit the United States without needing to obtain a visa prior to arrival. If you are a passport holder or citizen of one of the countries listed below, but live in Dubai, you do not need a visa to enter the United States as a visitor. A US Electronic Travel Authorization is the only document that is required for you to enter the US as a visitor. If you belong to any of the countries listed below, you are eligible for a 90-day visa to enter the USA for touristic or business purposes.
- Czech Republic
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Solomon Islands
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Vatican City
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
Note: Peoples of Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, who are citizens of the above countries, as an exception to the VWP policy, are not eligible for the VWP policy. It is important to keep in mind that depending on the nationality of the applicant, additional documents may be required in order to process the visa.
Documents Required for US Tourist Visa
It would be best if you had the following documents ready to apply for your US visa.
- Duly filled and signed the US visa application form with all the correct details.
- Two recent passports are colored photos taken against a white background and not older than three months. These photographs must either have a semi-matte or matte finish and show 80% of your face.
- The original passport with two blank pages in it for stamping and must be valid for at least three months from your date of arrival in the US.
- A valid Emirates ID
- UAE Residence visa with 30-day validity.
- Your detailed travel itinerary, including copies of your round-trip flight tickets.
- Original NOC letter mentioning designation, salary, joining date, the purpose of travel of the employee and addressed to the USA Embassy.
- A letter mentioning monthly income, a valid Trade License copy, passport details for Partners, Owners, and Investors.
- If it is a personal trip, you need to submit a cover letter stating the purpose of the trip.
- Carry the hotel reservation confirmation in the United States as proof of accommodation.
- Submit proof of ties to your home country – this can be a job contract, family, property, lease, or any evidence of intent to return to Dubai.
- A copy of your US sponsor’s passport. Kindly note that if your sponsor is a US citizen, then the passport copy will be sufficient. However, if your sponsor happens to be the bearer of a USA visa, then ensure that you have a copy of your sponsor’s visa along with their passport copy.
- A copy of your visa sponsor’s bank statement. Please ensure that your sponsor’s bank statement contains enough funds to support your visit. The bank statement must display the details of the previous month’s transactions. If you do not have a sponsor, you need to submit sufficient proof of funds to cover your trip.
- A printout of your sponsor’s exact current postal address along with your email address and phone number. This is essential because visa authorities have the authority to contact your sponsor and ask direct questions about your visa application.
- Travel insurance is mandatory.
- If you are visiting for medical purposes, keep your medical reports and papers handy.
- Please carry documents that provide proof of your relationship with your sponsor. It could be a personal or official relationship.
- If it is an official relationship, kindly enclose an invitation letter from your sponsor with a company profile and a visiting card as additional proof.
- If you are traveling to the US to training, meetings, or conferences, these details must also be enclosed.
The US Tourist Visa Application Process
A visitor visa is a non-immigrant visa that a person needs to be able to travel to the US. The B-2 visa can be used for a variety of purposes, including tourism, visiting family or friends, and medical treatment in the US. The process of obtaining a US visa is quick and easy if you follow these steps.
- Download the form (DS-160), fill it with all relevant details, and take a printout and sign it. Submit all the documents online.
- Pay the visa fees (Keep the payment receipt to carry on the day of the interview).
- Schedule an appointment at the embassy.
Attend your interview and answer all the questions correctly.
- Keep all the documents required while attending your interview. Once your documents are verified, your visa is approved and stamped on the passport, collect your passport from the embassy.
Note: you need to carry a printout of your DS-160 confirmation page and your appointment confirmation page when you visit the embassy.
Things to Keep in Mind When Applying for USA Visa
- Every applicant (including children) needs to have their own DS-160 visa application form.
- Children under the age of 14 years do not need to attend the visa interview at the Embassy/Consulate or the appointment at the Visa Application Center. Parents, guardians, or authorized representatives can present the documents on their behalf.
- The Embassy/Consulate does not accept typed or handwritten applications. Also, you will not be permitted to attend the interview if you fail to carry a Form DS-160 confirmation page.
- Be extremely honest at the interview and refrain from misrepresenting facts. If the authorities find any discrepancies in your visa application, they will reject your visa. Also, if your visa application is denied for the wrong reasons, you will not be permitted to apply for a US visa ever in your lifetime. So please do not give them any reasons to be suspicious of your behavior and responses.
- Your visa fees will not be refunded in case of rejection. Also, submitting all the documents and applying for a visa does not guarantee a US visa. It depends on the discretion of US immigration authorities based in Dubai. It is recommended making your travel plans once you receive your visa.
- You will mostly receive a single-entry visa unless mentioned otherwise.
- Avoid carrying liquids, make-up items, mobile phones, etc., to the consulate. Your visa application also depends on compliance with these rules.
It is estimated that thousands of people apply annually for a US visa from Dubai. Therefore, it is very significant to follow all the rules and laws regarding the visa application process. If you would like to make the entire visa application process smooth and hassle-free, ensure that you clarify all your doubts and questions before submitting your application. It is highly likely that your application will be granted, and you will be able to spend a memorable holiday in America if you wait for it to be approved.